It’s completely normal for your office carpet to go through wear and tear over time and for spills and stains to happen. Luckily, Britewell Cleaners offers office carpet cleaning services in Mombasa County and all across Kenya. To help you keep your carpet clean and presentable all year round, here are tips for removing the 3 most common office carpet stains!
- Blot with clean, dry cloth. Don’t rub! Use the weight of your palm or weight the dry cloth down with something heavy. Leave for a moment. The aim is to wick up as much of the liquid as you can without causing wear to carpet fibers.
- Add a ¼ teaspoon of dish washing liquid (not laundry detergent) to a cup of lukewarm water and dampen a clean, white cloth with the solution. From the edge of the spill inward, Blot the stain with the damp solution.
- Blot dry with a clean, dry cloth.
- Check the stain. If it is still visible, repeat with another round of solution and blot-drying.
- When the stain seems to be gone, use a clean spray bottle filled with lukewarm water and mist the area until damp – but not soaking.
- Blot dry.
Pen Ink Stains
- Blot any pooled or wet ink with clean, dry paper towel or dry cloth. Blot gently — don’t rub!
- Make a solution of lukewarm water and dishwashing liquid (1/4 teaspoon of detergent to a cup of water).
- Dampen a clean white cloth and blot the stain from the outside-in with the liquid until damp. Again, no rubbing!
- Blot dry with another clean, dry cloth.
- Repeat the liquid application and blot-drying process if necessary.
- Once the stain is removed, mist the area with clean water until damp and blot dry again. Rinsing will ensure that soap residue is removed.
- For stubborn ink stains, you may try the same technique but use a solution of 1 cup vinegar to 1 cup lukewarm water using the same technique of dampening, blotting and rinsing described above.
- Fill a small bag with ice cubes.
- Rub the ice over the gum until the gum is frozen.
- Use a dull knife or spoon edge to gently scrape the gum away.
- Use ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing liquid in a cup of water and blot this solution on the remaining residue (see coffee stain removal steps above). Dampen a clean cloth with the solution.
- Blot dry with another clean dry cloth. Repeat until the stain is gone.
- Rinse by filling a spray bottle with lukewarm water. Mist the area until damp.
- Blot dry.